Thursday, May 17, 2007

Back in the home



I found myself yesterday in a place that I have been many times. . .President and Sister Labrum invited me over yesterday to chat with them. It was great to see them again! They look the same and we had a great time chatting. They had great food prepared as usual and Benj and I definitely got our fill! We talked with the Labrums and it was fun catching up with them. President said some nice things about me which was nice to hear. . . I was amazed at how well he and Sister Labrum can remember the missionaries. We looked at a really cool book they put together with pictures and letters from all the past missionaries and shared any news we had. It was fun because in the beginning of the book was all the missionaries that have been home the longest. As I went through the book there started to be less and less wedding announcements. After my batch there weren't any! It sounds like their next six weeks are going to be crazy. I hope I get to see them before I go! They are great people!

Things here aren't going quite as I had planned. . . I am really having fun out here and doing good but not quite like I had imagined. I love it here and the place and the people are everything I hoped they would be. . . I think I just put too many expectations on my work with Mabuhay Deseret. It has been difficult finding donors for the foundation and all my attempts to get names and addresses of past patients has been less than successful. I have created a new tactic now though and will be going forward with that starting tomorrow.

Another thing that did not go as planned was my cell phone. I was thinking about getting here and getting an awesome cell phone. You know, the kind where when I pulled it out people would be like . .. awesome! However, that was wrong of me and I have repented. The Lord has humbled me and blessed me with a free phone! Not quite what I was thinking. . . I think people do think it is awesome though. . .Awesome as in like "hey, what kid did you steal that from" haha



I didn't get any pictures with President or at the temple yesterday when we did a session. . . nor did I get pictures today at Divisoria. Divisoria was like little China with so many things to buy. I know where I will be before I go home! Benjie and I joked that if Chelsea was there she would "mahihilo" or would get dizzy from all the things to buy! I bought a couple things that I think Chelsea would like . . .I wanted to buy the whole place for her! I need to get everyone's size so I can buy you some stuff. . .

No comments: