Monday, May 28, 2007

Mindoro
















I'm not really in the mood to go into a lot of detail about my trip but I will try.




Benjie, the Gagua family and myself decided to head out to Mindoro. After church we changed and got on a bus. After a 3 hour bus ride we went on a small boat for a little over an hour. It was beautiful to see all the islands around. I could see how there could be over 7,000 islands! Just from my little perspective I saw probably 8 or so different islands. We got to the island and just kind of hung out. The room was nice. It was big but just had a dresser, small table, 2 chairs and two beds. The aircon was very nice to have though!




I got up early the next day and went running on the beach. That was fun. . . I was very hot and ready to go swimming when I got back. We went down and jumped in the nice blue water. Everything was expensive here and we payed for the Gagua's. . .needless to say my money ran out very quickly. I budget $100 and we ran out of that really quick! Just to pay volleyball for an hour had a price! We were planning to stay for 2 days but I ran out of money and so we just stayed one day.






The ride home took over 7 hours and the bus was tight and I was sunburned. . .not a good combo. I also got a blister on my toe which is killing! I had a good time but don't know if the Gagua's did . . .I didn't hear anything from them if they did or didn't. . . .a little disappointing. Then later that night I found out that they have been saving for the trip . . . they didn't pay a dime though! Oh well. . .I had a good time! I don't think my future trips will include bringing families on vacations! hehe. Live and learn. I hope they enjoyed theirselves. . .only time will tell.




Life is good. I am sunburned and frustrated being away from Chelsea. We get to talk occasionally when I call her but it is never long enough for us to talk about how we are doing. Oh well. Under 1 month to go. Hard to believe I only have 1 week left here. I have so much to do this week before I leave. I haven't even had a chance to go visit members from other wards. Pretty crazy.

1 comment:

Matthew and Chelsea Abinante said...

That is seriously the most depresing blog I have ever seen in my life Matthew!