Thursday, May 24, 2007

Divisoria!

Yesterday we went to Divisoria again. . this time with the intention to buy souvenirs. As soon as I got to the mall called, 168 I was not in the mood to buy. There were way too many people! The sidewalks would be room enough for one person and there were at least 3 trying to squeeze past. It was awesome! At one point there was a truck trying to pull out of a warehouse and there was no way it was going anywhere so we had to squeeze behind it . . .I am so grateful he didn't back up when we were back there. . .






That morning the 6 of the elders came over from the Quezon City mission. It was fun to talk to them and make connections. I had actually been a mock investigator for the zone leader back in January of 06 at the MTC. They were a lot of help and we got about 120 letters ready to send out to past patients. We sent referral cards and a questionnaire about how their life has been effected by Mabuhay Deseret. I am hoping to send out about 300 and if I even get a 50% return rate I will be shocked! The elders are going to come back at the end of next week before I take off to help me wrap them up. While they were here we started talking about how I was engaged and about Chelsea. They wanted to see a picture and I happened to have some with me. . . (a real rare occurrence. . . not that I always have her picture with me. . ) When I showed them the picture they were all practically gasping and were telling me that I must have worked really hard on my mission. . . I told them that must have been the trick!


I am having a great time here. I love the people more than ever! I think about Chelsea and my family often. I don't like to think about Chelsea though because I miss her and I usually just get frustrated because she is gone and there is nothing that I can do about it. I keep wishing she was here and I am hoping to come here with her next year. . .she would die if she saw the stores that we went to. I couldn't buy anything for me because I kept thinking about what Chelsea would like. .I hope she likes what I got her!

I am back in the office today sending out faxes to the embassies of something like 30 different countries. Things are not going so well on the fundraising side. I think Filipino countries have a different paradigm when it comes to helping the needy. I absolutely love being here. It is fun to talk to the patients and to do at least a little something to help. We got our discount of 180 pesos per package which is great! Hopefully we can get some donations too. . .Love you all!

No comments: