Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mabuhay!


Today was my first day at the office. . .well, my first real day. I did about 7 hours of which I am really proud. I spent a lot of time doing cold calls which was not the most enjoying thing in the world. All I got the whole time was the same thing. The phone system is so much different here. I guess as a missionary that is just something that I didn't ever get exposure to. I was calling big companies like KFC, McDonalds and others and I was getting funky ring tones and it was hard to even get a number that worked! I got a lot of fax numbers and emails to send a proposal letter to. We will see if I can get any answers from that. ..I guess I will just have to call them in another week and try the whole cycle again. I am really excited about it though. . . I think there is a lot of promise.

After that we headed to the new Craniomaxial Facial Center for Mabuhay. It was really far away but I was surprised at how nice it is. Very well done! They have moved these patients to a four-story building where they let doctors put their office in the bottom in exchange for free surgeries. It only cost 9 million to build! It was a really nice place I will have to get some pictures. . .

I am amazed at how great this place is. I still love the people so much! They are the greatest people on the earth! I have never felt dangered here and am having a great time! It is different to not be totally absorbed and constantly talking to everyone but I am getting used to it. I feel like everyone treats me better here when I am not a missionary. . . it is really wierd.

We played chess this afternoon and I got killed. I think there have been 4 grand masters that have come from here. . .Benjie might be the next Grand Master to come from the Philippines! We played tennis tonight and it was nice to not almost pass out from heat stroke! I played really well. . . Not quite good enough to beat Benj but it is coming back. . .

3 comments:

Matthew and Chelsea Abinante said...

Great picture. . . I know.

Matthew and Chelsea Abinante said...

Hmmmmm beautiful shirt you are wearing Matthew. . .

Matthew and Chelsea Abinante said...
This comment has been removed by the author.