Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rainy night!

Well. . . I don't have any pictures from today. . .sorry! You will just have to use your imagination. . .

Benjie started blaring Prison Break this morning in our room so that was what I woke up to. . haha. . .He is addicted! I got really cold last night which was fine by me. I slept closer to the aircon which made a big difference! Felt good. . . What didn't feel good is the red color going on in the facial area and on the back and shoulders. Everytime I move I remember just how long it has been since my chest has seen the sun! I spent a little too much time in the sun on Mindoro (only like 3 hours) and now I am feeling it. . .The worst is trying to put my shirt on. I grunt and really struggle to get it on. .it is a blessing when it finally gets on though! hehe. We tried to play tennis this morning. I was up 3-1 on Benjie but he came up on me and killed me. . . I was not having a good day. I have this really big sore on my toe and it looks like I have this big infection on it. ..I think it is just a blister that developed and popped on my beach run yesterday.

Tonight we went back to Divisoria to buy some things. We looked forever for neckties . . .I am glad we finally found some though. I was really pleased with what I got though! I think everyone back at home will like what I got them too. . .

After a quick Halo-Halo (mix-mix) at ChowKing we were on our way back. There were soooo many people! I just laughed when I looked at all the people! It is amazing! We got on a jeepney, then the train. When we got off the train to get on an FX (like an SUV converted into a 11 person transport vehicle) it was raining like crazy. Thunder lightning and everything made me quickly remember how hard it can rain here! I haven't seen rain like that for so long! Well. . .I haven't seen rain like that since I left the Philippines! It was amazing. The roads the whole way home were flooded and the FX couldn't drive down the road in front of Benjie's house as the water was up to my calves on the sidewalk! We had to get off on the other side of the block and trudge through the flood and rain to get home.

I am having such a great time here! I have a lot to do this week. A lot of things that I wanted to do are getting cancelled and postponed for another visit to the Pearl of the West.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say...Prison Break is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!