Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dedication to the Artists!



Yesterday I had the opportunity to travel over to Trafalgar Square where the famous National Museum is. It was amazing! My friends and I went in the museum and were able to see hundreds of paintings and many were created by Picasso, Monet, Da Vinci, and Van Gogh!!! It was incredible!! Seeing these famous paintings in a photo do not do the real thing justice! After the museum my friends and I decided we would attempt to climb a corner of this large statue . . . at this corner there was a lion. I was at first a little afraid of climbing up because it was so high up and my legs are so short which makes it difficult to climb a flat wall; however, after my friends Brittlyn and Whitney got up I couldnot resist! It looked like so much fun! I finally climbed up and then my friend Becca followed my lead (she too has short legs) and it was hilarious to watch her climb up. She warned me that she had no body strength but I did not believe her until we had to have a random lady push her up the wall. On top of it, the lady pushing her up did not even speak english which made the situation that much more funny! It was the hardest I have ever laughed since I have gotten to London!
We ended the day yesterday with seeing a play called "Landscape with Weapon." It was one the best shows I have ever seen in my life (and believe me, I have seen a lot). It was performed at the National Theatre which is the best theatre in London! The show was composed of an ensemble of 4 actors all of which have been in numerous movies. The main character was the actor Tom Hollander and he played Mr. Collins in "Pride and Prejudice" and played Cutler Beckett in all three "Pirates of the Carribean!" He is an amazing actor!!! The other three actors have been in movies such as "Notting Hill" and "The Holiday."
Tonight I will be traveling for two hours over to the church building to teach the Young Women's (which consists of three girls) how to play the piano. It was very difficult to convince them to come to young mutual but I think I convinced them when I told them I would make cookies.
Well this is turning out to be a little too long and I am sure nobody has the patience or time to read more . . . hehe Love you all!

1 comment:

Matthew and Chelsea Abinante said...

I had time to read more. . . Thanks for the post though. . .sounds good!