Monday, May 14, 2007

Election Day

Well I made it through the day! Election day is over. . . The Philippines Senatorial race was today as well as mayor and a few other positions. Things went well. Before Benj and I played tennis this morning we went to a local high school where the elections were being held. Since my arrival I have heard that things were going to be crazy here and to be careful. I was expecting to go to the school and take a quick picture and get out of there with haste. When I got there despite the over abundance of political posters there weren't very many people. It was surprisingly organized!



We came back and cleaned and Benj made some great lunch and we were off for the church so Benj could count tithing money. I went in a room, cranked the AC and did some work.

I accomplished another thing tonight that I always wanted to do. I went to the movies! Let me just tell you. . .besides all the other reasons I have to live here permanently, this would single handedly be the reason for me to come back! It was amazing! First of all, we paid about 4 dollars for both of us to see the movie. That is half of what I would pay back home for just me! We walked in the theater and it was immaculate! Cleaner than any theater I have ever been in before. The seats were extremely comfortable. The theater was empty! It had air con and the sound was very good! It was amazing! However, the movie was saw was another issue. It was good. .. .a bit violent in my opinion but good. It is called The Condemned. I didn't know what the rating was. They had R-13 by the movie. . .I asked what the rating was if it was R or PG13 . . .she just said that you have to be older than 13 to go in. . . I'm not sure if they even have real ratings here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rated R movies are bad . . .

Matthew and Chelsea Abinante said...

It was R-13!!?? How was I supposed to know what it was rated!