Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wedding and a drive








Another day gone by and no word from Chelsea. . .this is beginning to be more than I can handle. I am taking off today after church for Mindoro Island and will be gone for 3 days. I guess we will just catch up when I get back.











I recently was able to attend a wedding that Benjie sang at. It wasn't easy with thoughts of my own wedding quickly approaching. I don't even know if that is going through though! 4 days of no contact who knows where my fiance is! It was a nice reception. It always makes me so happy to see a couple here married in the temple. It gives me assurance that the church is getting ever stronger here. I had a funny experience with that about a week ago. One of the girls that we found here, part of the Quitiquit family was texting me when I first got here. I was telling them how happy I was that they got baptized and are still strong in the church. I told her that when she finds someone that she needs to tell me and that I would come to her temple marriage. I was surprised when I got her response that she would tell me but didn't want a temple marriage but just wanted a simple wedding! I am guessing she just doesn't know about how special a temple marriage is. The next time I saw her we had a good talk! hehe




Anyways. . the wedding was good. . .it was different but good. There were only 3 bachelors there and whoever caught the envelope with a green ribbon thrown by the groom, they put the garter on the bride's maid. I was so glad I didn't get that!





Benjie made me an awesome meal yesterday of crab, jumbo shrimp and mussels. It was amazing! While Benjie may look like a mean killer here he is really a nice person!









Yesterday Benjie's family left and left their truck behind. . . So . . .we have wheels now! I was a little shakey with the manual transmission and the tinted windows. . .at night. . . and with crazy people running into the road on foot and bikes and such. .. . Benjie was really scared (I was a little. .. I guess) but we made it! I have wanted to drive here for a long time and it was exciting! I couldn't really see everything with the deep tints on the windows but we made it!

Well. . . we are heading to church and then off for Mindoro!